jueves, 2 de diciembre de 2010

Poverty


This is a story about my cousin, Tony. He lives in Bahía Ballena on the Pacific Cost of Costa Rica. He is 20 years old and, he studied until school. Currently he works doing tours to see whales and, every afternoon goes to fishing to obtain some food.

Tony and his family live with no one luxury, they do not have a car, a computer, a plasma TV and, a play station. They do not know what facebook, a messenger or an e- mail is. They have a simple life; with no complications but with no one accommodation.

Several times my parents told him: “Tony come and live with us, and study and look for a good job”; but he said “Oh no, this is my place, I like to live here, I do not want a good job or to live in the city, I do not need any more than the thing that I have”.

Tony wants to live in his town all his life. Sometimes I ask to myself if, ¿he is really poor? He does not have all the material things that we have in the city; but in the other hand he has a relax life, no preoccupations, the money is not a priority and the most important, he is always happy.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario